Thailand Board of Investment at your service
If you wish to set up an operation in Thailand, your best contact point is the Office of the Board of Investment (BOI), which operates under the Prime Minister's Office and is the principal government agency for encouraging investment. The BOI is available to assist you in numerous ways, including:
Enhancing Competitiveness and Investment Facilitation
· Offers an attractive and competitive package of tax incentives.
· Imposes no foreign equity restrictions on manufacturing activities or on some service.
· Provide assistance in the provision of visas and work permits to facilitate entry and subsequent operation for a foreign-owned business.
· Waives restrictions on land ownership by foreign entities.
Business Support Services
· Provides comprehensive information and advice on establishing operations in Thailand.
· Arranges site visits.
· Identifies potential suppliers, subcontractors, joint-venture partners.
· Provides useful contacts with key public and private organizations.
· Coordinates between the foreign business community and other public agencies
The BOI also acts as Thailand's marketing arm and actively promotes the country worldwide as one of the best investment locations in Asia.
The BOI is tasked with devising and implementing strategies under which promotional activities are organized around the globe throughout the year.
The BOI's 14 overseas offices (Beijing, Frankfurt, Guangzhou, Los Angeles, Mumbai, New York, Osaka, Paris, Seoul, Shanghai, Stockholm, Sydney, Taipei, and Tokyo) serve as Thailand's front desks in liaising with potential investors.
Support for Investment Overseas
In addition, as overseas investment is considered a national priority, the BOI established the Thai Overseas Investment Services Center (TOISC) and the Thai Overseas Investment Information Center (TOIIC). The TOISC organizes and delivers training modules for Thai businessmen before heading abroad. Meanwhile, the TOIIC not only provides market data for investors but also guides Thai businessmen on how best to invest abroad through the use of consulting teams. In fact, the TOIIC conducts in-depth studies on investment prospects in ASEAN and arranges seminars on many investment-related issues, like laws and regulations on doing business overseas and identifying opportunities in growth industries.